Best Cleansers for Different Skin Types - By Rachell Tan
Before I start this post, I would like to wish everyone a quick Happy New Year! Wishing you guys all the health, happiness and love in 2019 :D
Let’s all start the new year with a clean new slate, including our faces too haha!
Have you realised that when you go for facials, 70% of the time would be spent on cleansing your skin?
Before your skin can absorb all the goodness of your precious skincare products, you need to start with a clean base to optimize absorption.
Today, I’ll be reviewing 3 different face washes, namely:
1. Allies of Skin Fresh Slate Vitamin C & Enzymes Brightening Cleanser + Masque
2. GLAMGLOW Supercleanse™ Clearing Cream-to-Foam Cleanser
3. FRESH Peony Brightening Foam Face Cleanser
To maximize the cleansing experience, I also used the FOREO LUNA™ 2!
Allies of Skin Fresh Slate Vitamin C & Enzymes Brightening Cleanser + Masque
Super cute packaging aside, I was surprised to see that even the cleanser is peach-hued!
This product doubles as a masque for days when you need that extra boost of hydration and brightening.
Perfect product to bring along with you if you’re going to a country that’s really dry!
● Two-in-one cleanser + masque, convenient for overseas trips
● Subtle invigorating fragrance
● A great hydrating cleanser for people with dry skin types
● Texture feels like a cream (not suitable for my oily-combination skin type)
● Leaves a slightly oily feel on my skin which I’m not quite used to for cleansers
Overall Rating: 4/5 Stars | Retailing at $59 (70ml)
GLAMGLOW Supercleanse™ Clearing Cream-to-Foam Cleanser
A real stunner when it comes to packaging!
GLAMGLOW doesn’t play when it comes to making us look pretty even during masking and cleansing.
The most affordable and value for money among the 3 cleansers with a powerful blend of three charcoals to detoxify and absorb a range of impurities from the skin.
● Infused with Mediterranean clay, the GLAMGLOW Cleanser provides a deep cleansed feeling
● Skin feels velvety after use (think post clay mask!)
● Great for clearing outbreaks as it controls excess oil on face
● Personally I felt it was a little too drying for daily use, unless you have very oily skin.
Overall Rating: 4/5 Stars | Retailing at $44 (150ml)
FRESH Peony Brightening Foam Face Cleanser
Among all 3 cleansers, the FRESH Cleanser was the most simple in terms of packaging.
While it isn’t as IG-worthy as its counterparts, it was definitely the most suitable for my skin type and I found myself loving this well-balanced foam cleanser!
● Perfect for daily use
● Gentle and effective cleansing, leaving a squeaky clean feeling on skin without being overly drying.
● Skin feels soft and refreshed after cleansing
● No complaints! :)
Overall Rating: 4.5/5 Stars | Retailing at $64 (125ml)
It’s quite clear from my first few uses of the different cleansers which I preferred!
However, as we all have different skin types and go through different skin phases (my skin was really oily when I was younger), the above-mentioned cleansers are all effective in their own ways for different skin types!
More importantly, when using a cleanser suitable for your skin, remember to spend an adequate amount of time cleansing it. I used to be guilty of washing my face within 10 seconds (thoughtlessly apply cleanser, anyhow splash water, the end) hahah!
No matter how expensive or good your cleanser is, if you don’t give it sufficient time to work its effectiveness, it’s all going to go down the drain (literally).
As such, I feel the FOREO LUNA™ 2 has really helped me with this.
With a press of a button, the FOREO LUNA™ 2’s pulsations begin with a preset timer, with a pause every 15 seconds to indicate cleansing of another region on your face (i.e shift from Left Cheek to Right Cheek, to Forehead, to Chin).
I greatly enjoy cleansing my face with the FOREO LUNA 2, and actually look forward to cleansing my face day and night because it’s such a comfortable and fun device to use Its unique brush head provides deep cleansing, and I noticed the blackheads on my nose have visibly reduced.
A huge bonus would be 1 full charge = 7 months of use, and NO REPLACEMENT of brushes required.
Regardless of the cleanser you’re using, 5/5 I would recommend using the FOREO LUNA™ 2 along with it!
That’s it for today, I’ll see you guys in the next post! :)